Incubation Day 4 or Day 8
Torin turned the eggs after breakfast. I decided to check on the eggs at 10:30 am. Egg #3 had a visible dent with cracks. I removed the egg from the incubator for fear of contaiminating the other eggs. Out of curiousity, I peeled back the shell from around the broken area and, to my suprise, there was a perfect specimen of a fertilized embryo. The vein network was amazing and I could even visualize a beating heart! The embryo resembled a Day 7 embryo, so I decided to email the egg seller and confirm the day that the eggs were laid.

Dear silliewim,
Hi, I received the eggs and they were all in perfect condition. Thanks! They have been in the incubator for 5 days (since Saturday). What day were these eggs layed? (approximately) The box said it was shipped on 6/24. I just want to confirm the gestational age. Today, one of the eggs broke. We opened it up to see what was going on inside and there was a beautiful, fertilized embryo specimin, with the heart still beating! It looked like what I would expect from a day 7 or 8 embryo.- jennyaharrington
Let's see how Torin reacts to the broken egg and dying embryo.
1 comment:
Ah, the French cuckoo maran.. good choice.
Getting hungry now. Benedict sounds nice.
Will be interesting to see how the chooks like the extreme Chicago seasons.
Post a Comment